Shepherding Grace Ministries
Shepherding Grace Ministries focuses its people and its discipling ministry on the Grace and Person of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe the transformation of the natural and/or carnal person is a supernatural process which cannot be accomplished through education and self effort, nor by trying to improve the “old nature” or “flesh” through some system or discipline. Transformation can only be achieved through the ministry and work of God’s indwelling Holy Spirit in agreement with the Word of God and the active willing cooperation of the individual. Therefore, our goal is that the Lord Jesus Christ in actuality and in function becomes the very Life of the Christian disciple who then will disciple others in like manner.
Q. Is Shepherding Grace Ministries just another Christian counseling organization?
- No. We are Disciplers. Discipling focuses Christians of the Lord Jesus Christ as their functional life and that He is the solution for direction and for all of their spiritual and emotional needs. Counseling and psychology focus individuals upon themselves and some system of self-improvement or behavioral modification.
Q. Do you put much emphasis and focus on an individual’s past in the discipling process?
- No. It is true that one’s past does influence an individual, but we focus the individual upon Jesus Christ and His ability to bring about a true transformation of life.
Q. Do you work with marriage relationships in your discipling?
- Yes. The shepherding grace model suggests a paradigm shift from the cultural norm. Since Jesus Christ is responsible for one’s Christian life, He also indwells the Christian husband to enable him to carry the responsibility for the marriage as a gracious leader, provider, encourager, lover and initiator, allowing his wife to respond to him as his cooperative and loving partner.
Q. In discipling couples, do you put undue pressure on one or the other spouse to carry the blame for not submitting or performing their “duties”?
- No. We use the shepherding model for marriage and leadership. We look to the Lord Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to provide leadership, comfort, and ability to carry out God’s design for marriage.
Q. What kind of people do you work with?
- Our primary mission is to disciple men and women who are in ministry, whether formally or informally. However, we also receive couples and singles who are struggling in their walk with Christ and in other relationships.
Q. How effective is your discipling ministry?
- It is as effective as the individual is willing to entrust his or her life into the all-sufficient Hands of the Lord Jesus Christ, our Good Shepherd. Generally speaking, upwards of 85% experience new life and health.
Q. How does the Word of God and prayer with the individual fit with the discipling process?
- We entrust each session to Jesus Christ for His direction and provision and close every session with prayer. The scriptures are read and referred to continually.
Q. What is your theological platform upon which you disciple?